23 Feb 2018
By Jean Laliberte | May 1, 2014
How to Find a Great Luxury Vacation Rental in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii!
There are basically two ways to find a superb luxury vacation rental in the Hawaiian Islands:
- On your own, or:
- Through an agency like LUVA Real Estate
If you rent on your own, you assume the liability and in many cases have no idea of the property or reputation. You could end up in a miserable situation, with lost time, money and fun. Life is short!
Here’s a few reasons why to rent through a Hawaii licensed property management agency to find the best luxury vacation rentals in Hawaii:
- Agencies and Agents work very hard to earn your trust and their lively-hood depends on their reputations. It is in their best interest to take great skill and care working with all principals.
- Using an Agency is far more secure. You’ll probably be able to pay in US dollars, and have some recourse if the property has been significantly misrepresented.
- In most cases, the Agency is very knowledgeable of the area and can concierge your entire trip.
So, the ‘soft shoe shuffle’ is to find a qualified, trustworthy luxury property rental agent or specialist that listens to your needs and is knowledgeable of the area. A good Agent can provide much more than just a place to ‘hang your hat’.
Here’s some ideas for your consideration:
- First-hand recommendations from people you know are also worthwhile. Network! Put the word out to your friends, acquaintances, colleagues, and social networks. Be specific about the destinations(s) and kind of rental you have in mind.
- Look for ads in high-end travel & luxury magazines and their websites.
The Internet can be interesting to say the least. Yes, it is teaming with websites that appear to feature luxury property rentals, agents and associations in Kona, Keauhou, and Waikoloa, Hawaii. And even some feature private estates and luxury resorts on the Big Island. But many of these seeming “agents” are property aggregators that are no more than virtual bulletin boards for unassociated individual properties. To find out if the website belongs to an agent or not, contact the company. Find out first-hand.
Once you’ve found that trustworthy Agency that has a sizable inventory of properties:
- Find out if they have personal knowledge of the properties.
- Ask if they regularly inspect the properties. If the answer no, you might consider an ‘exit stage left’ quickly.
- Request recent photos & additional information of the property.
- Pay close attention to the way the agent or specialist relates with you from the first phone call or email & onwards.
- Is the Agent knowledgeable of the area, do they have a premium rolodex of Hawaii vendors that cater to high-end clients.
- TRUST your gut feeling!
So, if you’re looking for that perfect luxury vacation rental or real estate for sale in Hawaii, LUVA Real Estate would love the opportunity to earn your trust. Give us a call directly at 808-769-5111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about your next vacation, corporate retreat or tropical adventure. We are located on the Big Island of Hawaii, Kailua-Kona and service the areas of Keauhou, Napoopoo Village, Kailua-Kona, Kukio, Mauna Kea & Hualalai Resorts and Waikoloa. We also have private villas for rent on the Island of Maui and Oahu and other international destinations.
Perhaps you’re looking to buy a luxury home, condo or a “peace” of land in the Kailua-Kona, Keauhou, Kukio, Hualalai, Waikoloa area…we’re here for you. Along with general real estate, we specialize in high-end resort sales and private home management. Our agents are dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced.”
As always, we appreciate your comments, feedback and just thinking out loud! Call us at 1-855-769-5111 or email email@example.com more information. Thank you!